Depositing your shares into Upstream is easy! Upstream can accept the shares that you hold in your current brokerage account, shares that are held at the transfer agent in discount book entry, or your physical stock certificate. Here’s how to deposit your shares, step by step.
STEP 1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON UPSTREAM & VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY
- Download Upstream and tap Sign Up. This will create your blockchain profile and 'signing key'.
- Complete KYC. To complete KYC identity verification, tap the settings icon in the top right of the navigation, then tap KYC. Be sure to have a valid form of ID and banking details handy. It's important that bank account information matches your name exactly.
- Once your KYC is approved, and if you already own shares and wish to transfer them to Upstream for trading, then you may initiate a request to deposit your shares using the Upstream app.
STEP 2. REQUEST TO DEPOSIT SHARES USING THE UPSTREAM APP
- Open Upstream, Tap Investor, Manage Securities, Deposit Securities. Next, Enter the Company’s Ticker Symbol and the Number of Shares you’re requesting to deposit. Tap Next.
- Confirm whether your shares are free trading or restricted and, optionally, enter your brokerage firm name and brokerage account number, and tap Next.
- Finally, tap Add E-Signature, sign your name on the screen using your finger, tap Done, and then tap Sign.
- After completion of the deposit request on Upstream, shareholders will receive via email an executed deposit form to submit to their current brokerage firm to initiate a withdrawal to the transfer agent. Shares will not be transferred without notifying the current broker and requesting a withdrawal.
- Once the transfer is complete you will receive a push notification in the Upstream app and see the share deposit in your Upstream Portfolio. Please note, if shares are not yet listed, they will not be available for trading until listing day.
Please note that the value of each share deposit request on the Upstream app may not exceed $100,000. This value is determined by the closing price of the security on the previous trading day multiplied by the number of shares being deposited.
Once you make the share deposit request using the Upstream app, and the transfer agent has your shares in 'book entry', then most of the time the Upstream deposit process typically completes within 48 hours (Monday to Friday, excluding U.S. holidays).
STEP 3. YOU’RE READY FOR TRADING ON UPSTREAM
Once the shares are in your account, you’re ready to trade on the next generation exchange! Enjoy real-time trading, a transparent orderbook, and other features enforced by blockchain technology. View your shares anytime, anywhere in your Upstream Portfolio. For more information on trading, visit Upstream’s support center.
ARE YOUR SHARES CURRENTLY HELD IN YOUR BROKERAGE ACCOUNT? HERE'S HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR SHARES TO UPSTREAM.
If your shares are currently in your brokerage account, then please transfer your shares to the transfer agent as described below. Note, the terminology for this is to have shares held as 'direct registration' in 'book entry' at the transfer agent.
To make this transfer request, most of the time all you need to do is contact your brokerage firm by email and ask them to transfer your shares back to 'book entry' at the transfer agent. The brokerage firm will know what to do, and they will let you know how long it will take, but typically you should allow 48 hours for them to process your request.
Some brokerage firms may ask you to fill out their particular share transfer form. Contact us at email@example.com if you need assistance in completing a share transfer form from your brokerage firm.
It is important that your name, address and social security number that your shares are registered under at the brokerage firm match the information that you provided when opening your account on Upstream. If your address at the brokerage firm is out of date, then you will need to update it with your brokerage firm BEFORE you transfer your shares to the transfer agent. Note, if the addresses do not match your address on Upstream, then your share deposit to Upstream will be delayed by the transfer agent.
Transfer agent information
The transfer agent is:
Name: Vstock Transfer
Address: LLC 18 Lafayette Pl, Woodmere, NY 11598
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Note, Upstream will consider requests for deposit and sale of Securities falling under the categories:
- Shares trading on NASDAQ or the NYSE
- Shares trading on the OTC Markets
- Shares issued in private offerings exempt from registration under the Securities Act pursuant to Securities Act Rule 506(c) of Regulation D or Regulation S.
These offerings must comply with the Upstream view that securities must be registered or have a valid exemption from registration in connection with their original issuance pursuant to U.S. or European securities laws in order to qualify for secondary trading on Upstream. In addition, this applies to securities currently trading and held in DTC or Euroclear.
However, Upstream will not consider or accept for deposit any Securities:
- that were not issued pursuant to a registration or a valid exemption from registration;
- that were issued by a company or held by person that is a respondent to any regulatory authority actions, however the specific action may be reviewed for additional . information to allow deposit;
- that have any known “bad actors”, as such term is defined in US Rule in 262 of Regulation A or Rule 506(d) of Regulation D promulgated under the Securities Act; or
- that reference a company or customer name that has been changed or that does not match the name on the account and for which no valid reason is provided.
This site shall not constitute an offer to sell securities or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in any jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is not permitted.
NFTs received have no economic value, royalties, equity ownership, or dividends with exception of the $10 coupon being issued. NFTs are for utility, collection, redemption and display only.
*U.S. or Canadian-based citizens or permanent residents may only deposit, buy, or sell securities on Upstream after being introduced by a licensed broker dealer. Note that U.S. or Canadian-based investors include those U.S. or Canadian citizens who may be domiciled overseas. All orders for sale are non-solicited by Upstream and a user’s decision to trade securities must be based on their own investment judgement. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream.
To dual list on Upstream, we executed a certificate of appointment of MERJ Depository and Registry Limited as a Securities Facility and confirmed that the shares outstanding on the date of the certificate execution (a) are duly authorized, validly issued, fully paid and non-assessable and any pre-emptive and other contractual rights related to all issuances of the shares have been satisfied, and (b) have been registered under the applicable law of the domicile of the company or are exempt from registration. All issuances and transfers of company shares have been, and after the date of the certificate will be, in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. The company requires MERJ Dep. to provide services (“Securities Facility Services”) as prescribed in the MERJ Dep Securities Facility Rules, including the Directive on Depository Interests and MERJ Dep. Procedures as a requirement of its listing on Upstream. MERJ Dep. is a company licensed as a Securities Facility pursuant to the Seychelles Securities Act, 2007. The Issuer that lists its Securities on the Seychelles Securities Exchange, operated by MERJ Exchange Ltd., known as Upstream, utilizes MERJ Dep. to provide Securities Facility Services to manages it securities as prescribed in an agreement with the Issuer and pursuant to the MERJ Dep.’s Securities Facility Rules, including the Directive on Depository Interests and MERJ Dep. procedures as a requirement of its listing on MERJ Exchange Ltd. The Issuer appoints MERJ Dep. to act as the Depository Nominee in respect of any securities traded which are quoted on Upstream and grants MERJ Dep. as the Depository Nominee, pursuant to the Securities Facility Rules Directive on Depository Interests. MERJ Dep. operates as a nominee account (street name) in the same manner as CEDE & Co, that accepts shareholder deposits in an electronic form from the transfer agent that facilitates the buying and selling of such shares on Upstream (e.g., by an individual name & address). Upstream is the trading technology employed by MERJ Exchange Ltd., a regulated national stock exchange.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements.” Such statements may be preceded by the words “intends,” “may,” “will,” “plans,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “predicts,” “estimates,” “aims,” “believes,” “hopes,” “potential,” or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions, and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, and cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) difficulties in obtaining financing on commercially reasonable terms; (ii) changes in the size and nature of our competition; (iii) loss of one or more key executives or brand ambassadors; and (iv) changes in legal or regulatory requirements in the markets in which we operate. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.